This Sausage Spinach Tomato Frittata is heavenly! So simple to make, and goes great with fresh berries for a hearty mini brunch. This recipe warms up well, so make it on the weekend, and warm it up for on the go breakfasts during the week!
I’d love to hear your thoughts and questions, so feel free to leave a comment after the related posts show below or send me an email. Thanks for visiting. I appreciate you!
Sausage Spinach Tomato Frittata
Make it on the weekend and enjoy it through the week for on the go breakfast!
- 1 lb sweet Italian pork sausage
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 bunch spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 8 whole eggs
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- pepper, to taste
- fresh basil for garnish, chopped
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Step 2 Heat coconut oil in cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Step 3 Crumble and brown sausage in cast iron skillet.
- Step 4 Add red pepper flakes to sausage.
- Step 5 Add chopped basil and remove from heat.
- Step 6 In a large bowl, whisk eggs with onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Step 7 Pour egg mixture into cast iron skillet with sausage.
- Step 8 Cover the mixture with sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Step 9 Bake for 20-25 minutes until eggs are set.
- Step 10 Garnish with additional chopped basil prior to serving.